We are afraid that although the closing date is November 30th, we have stopped accepting applications because there is no more space available.
This is a full-time course, which meets 20 hours per week, and is intended for students wishing to study Japanese intensively, such as those who wish to go to higher education in Japan, work for Japanese companies or learn Japanese art and culture.
Classes emphasize spoken communication through a small student-teacher ratio, with a careful balance of all four skills of reading, writing, listening, and speaking. We provide the option of “Business class” or “Art and Culture Study class” in both the intermediate and advanced classes. We make the most of the unique opportunities available in Kyoto to improve your learning experience.
- Admission requirements
*Applicants must be over 18 years of age and must have completed at least 12 years of education (the equivalent of Japanese primary and secondary education) abroad.
*Applicants must have qualifications equal to the above as determined by this school.
- Period of enrollment
Two years/year and a half (6 month term also possible)
*The two year course begins in April and ends in March two years later. The one and a half year course begins in October and ends in March two years later.
- Time of enrollment
April and October (2 terms per year)
- School Term
First termApril 1 - September 30
Second term October 1 - March 31
First term April 4 (Tuesday) Entrance ceremony / Orientation April 5 (Wednesday) Classes begin July 5- August 15 Summer vacation August 16 (Wednesday) Classes resume September 26 (Tuesday) Classes end September 26 (Tuesday) Closing ceremony
Second term October 12 (Thursday) Entrance ceremony / Orientation October 13 (Friday) Classes begin December 22 - January 9 Winter vacation (2018) January 10 (Wednesday) Classes resume (2018) March 13 (Tuesday) Classes end (2018) March 14 (Wednesday) Closing ceremony
*Entrance ceremonies and Orientations begin at 11:00 a.m.
- Class days
Monday - Friday (5 days per week), 20 lessons per week
- Class hours
(a) 9:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m. (45 minutes x 4)
(b) 1:15 p.m. - 4:45 p.m. (45 minutes x 4)
*Assignment to the (a) or (b) session will be determined by the school.
Class duration varies by course.
- Class size
Beginner & Advanced : Up to 13 students
Intermediate : Up to 18 students
- Screening method
Application materials (and an interview)
- Class placement
Placement test and interview
- Screening, registration and tuition fees
Fees Fees including consumption tax (8%) Fees including consumption tax (10%) Screening fee ¥29,000 ¥31,300 ¥31,900 Payable upon application Registration fee ¥48,000 ¥51,800 ¥52,800 Payable at registration Tuition fee ¥289,000 ¥312,100 ¥317,900 Per term (6 month period) Educational enhancement fee ¥10,000 ¥10,800 ¥11,000 Per term (6 month period) Insurance fee ¥10,000 ¥10,000 ¥10,000 Per term (6 month period) Class activity fee ¥5,000 ¥5,400 ¥5,500 Per term (6 month period)
- Please pay fees including the consumption tax at the rate that will be in effect when you enter the school.
- Educational enhancement fee is for an excursion, welfare, facilities.
- The “insurance fee” is an accident compensation insurance for Japanese Language Schools by Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd. Basically only students whose visa status is ‘Student visa’ are subject to take out a policy in the insurance.
- Intermediate and advanced students (“Art and Culture Study Class” and “Business Class”) need to pay the class activity fee.
- Fees for textbooks and course materials are additional. These are approximately 8,000 per term.
- Once you have paid the registration and tuition fees and have completed the necessary enrollment formalities, those fees can only be refunded if your visa is denied.
- The screening fee is non-refundable, regardless of the outcome of screenings by our school and by the Immigration Office.
- Application period
Origin of Application Application Period Admission Notice Instruction begins First Term 2017 Outside Japan October 1 -
November 30, 2016
The result of screening by the school will be reported in approximately two weeks after the application materials are received. April 5, 2017 Within Japan December 1, 2016-
March 15, 2017
Second Term 2017 Outside Japan April 3 -
May 31, 2017
October 13, 2017 Within Japan June 1 -
September 22, 2017
- The Immigration regulations do not permit the change of your visa status from “Temporary Visitor” to “Student”. Even if you are already residing in Japan, those with “Temporary Visitor” status must apply by following the procedure for overseas applicants.
- Once the class reaches its quota, further applicants will not be accepted.
- Office hours
The school’s office is open Monday to Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The office is closed on Saturdays, Sundays, holidays, and the vacation periods indicated below:
Summer holidays: August 8, 2017 – August 15, 2017
Winter holidays: December 28, 2017 – January 8, 2018